Monday, July 30, 2007

Introduction

Last weekend I was having a conversation with my friend Nathan Quillo about my T-shirt collection, and he encouraged me to do this little project...

You see, I have over 170 t-shirts, and I often run into problems with shirt repeating more than I should. Whats the point of having a half a years supply of shirts if you only bring out 1/3 of them?
  • Cause A: The clean unfolded laundry basket is in such a convenient location, as compared with the out of sight out of mind folded shirts in dressers on the third floor (that's right, i have multiple dressers for my t-shirt collection).
  • Cause B: I have favorites.
  • Cause C: I don't have a good system.
So here's the plan: I'm not going to repeat a single tee over the next 4 months, or however long it takes to go through them all. I wear approx 1.5 t-shirts per day (I'm always playing basketball, working in the yard, driving around in the un-air conditioned Bronco, or just bored with the current shirt)

The rules:
  1. All T-shirts are to be left in the used T-shirt pile until the number of their brothers and sisters that were to be worn is complete (Revelation 6:11)
  2. Collared shirts don't count. I don't have enough to last for 4 months of work.
  3. A picture of me in my shirt will be taken and posted to this blog. (I will use my LG chocolate unless the quality isn't good enough. In which case I will switch to my digital camera.)
  4. I will add any notes that may be pertinent regarding each shirt or the events and people that day that were effected by the shirt.
Please do comment! I think I made it so anyone can comment. But it would be nice if you said who you were when you left your observations.

No comments: